Product Delivery Center Middletown Facilities Manager
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12448
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01391984 Date posted 03/10/2020 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Â At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Responsible for ensuring the reliability and operational readiness of support equipment used in the assembly and testing of commercial and military jet engines, including the delivery of critical materials and services such as jet fuel. Develop and maintain predictive and preventive maintenance plans as warranted to ensure equipment reliability.Â Ensure work prioritization within department is aligned with Engine Center and Product Delivery Center business objectives and priorities to satisfy customer demands, plans and schedules.Â Provide project management oversight for a variety of installation, rearrangement and construction projects to improve process and product flow within Engine Center.Â Plan, review and/or approve Engine Center related facility modifications involving changes to plant layout and design, and infrastructure services.Â Ensure all facility, equipment and process changes are compliant with OSHA construction and P&W EHS standards.Â Drive a safety culture within department.Â Identify and mitigate EH&S workplace hazards.Â Perform incident and injury investigation including root cause determinations, and implementation of corrective actions as warranted. Foster and maintain a productive and teaming environment among IAM-represented employees, contracted labor, salary and management employees in support of business objectives.Â Identify cost reduction and process improvement opportunities and implement actions as needed to achieve related goals.
- Successful candidate will be required to complete OSHA 30-hour training and become a Pratt & Whitney Contractor Coordinator.Â
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills for daily customer and labor relations activities.Â
- Demonstrated knowledge and success applying continuous improvement / ACE tools are a plus.Â
- Must be team-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to work in fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent analytical, prioritizing and judgment skills essential
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products for data analysis and to prepare presentations/reports for customer, staff and management as required
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience OR
- Advanced degree with 8 years of experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- 6 years in supervisory or management experience
- Degree in Facilities Management, Construction, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01391984
Community / Marketing Title: Product Delivery Center Middletown Facilities Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US