Senior Manager, Pricing
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12412
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01393977 Date posted 03/09/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Our Government Pricing team has an opening for a Senior Manager supporting Military Engines programs. This position will involve preparation of proposals to customers, primarily to the U.S. Government.
The person in this role will be a key member of a team supporting proposal preparation, fact finding, and negotiations and will work closely with departments throughout Pratt & Whitney in this effort. The position will identify customer specific needs regarding proposal content and format; and collecting, formatting and disclosing cost and pricing data for specific contract actions.
Different pricing systems will be utilized, such as SAP or ProPricer, and you will gain experience with pricing models that combine data from several pricing systems. You will be involved in the entire pricing process which includes gaining exposure to engine and spares bills of material, procurement, future technologies, engineering changes, forward pricing rates, and government proposal compliance.
You will be also be responsible for ensuring proposals are compliant with Federal Acquisition Regulations and Public Law. You'll have the opportunity to assist with development of creative pricing solutions when complex customer requirements require new approaches.
There will be opportunities to deliver presentations to P&W management and customers in support of pricing activities, and work with other P&W organizations on cross-functional process improvement teams that relate to the proposal process.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields include Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance or Business Management
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to Government Contracts
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Proposals and Pricing, Engineering BOMs, Finance or Supply Chain required
- MBA or advanced graduate degree preferred
- You hold an active US Government Security Clearance
- You have over 5 years' experience in Federal or Military Supplier Contracts, Proposals and Pricing, with detailed understanding of FAR, TINA and DCMA contracting process preferred
- You have experience managing audit readiness and experience interacting with external auditors
- Experience with pricing systems such as SAP or ProPricer a big plus
- You have an excellent social skills and ability to foster positive relationships within the industry
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Outstanding formal and informal presentation skills, comfortable interacting with customers and senior management
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements.
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems preferred
- EEO/AAP Statement Â We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01393977
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Pricing
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US