Second Shift Materials Supervisor
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12398
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01393033 Date posted 03/06/2020 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
We are looking for a 2nd Shift Materials Supervisor for the Middletown facility. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and supporting material movement, shop floor control, material releases, and shipping/receiving. You will manage day-to-day material operations in a way that continuously improves business metrics and ensures required work is performed safely and timely.
We are looking for someone who has a working knowledge of SAP and the ability to continually search for opportunities to enhance the warehouse and supply chain processes, using a variety of problem solving techniques, effective communication skills and technical competency. If you are passionate about promoting excellent employee relations and empowerment of all assigned personnel, then this is the role for you.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Direct a team of hourly associates to manage and control all inventory/materials/shop material movement activities in cooperation with operations
- Support Supply Chain logistics and drive cost reduction opportunities where they exist
- Lead process improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies to ensure accurate and prompt inventory accounting and financial reporting
- Implement Root-Cause Corrective Actions as required to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained
- Administer PW policies and procedures to ensure compliance and equitable treatment of all employees
- Manage all aspects of assigned workforce - time and attendance, time off, training, skills-matrix, discipline, etc.)
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by ensuring all team members follow all policies and procedures completing all required training, and supporting all applicable EH&S committee activities.
- Bachelor's Degree Â required
- and 2+ years of Â experience in manufacturing, engineering, materials, and/or aerospace or similar
- US Citizenship required due to government contract
- Previous supervision of hourly personnel strongly preferred
- Prior experience in leading a SAP managed warehouse is desired
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, management, and customers
- A strong manufacturing/materials background
- Experience in a union shop is preferred
- Able to demonstrate the practical application of continuous improvement principles
- Strong communication and strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01393033
Community / Marketing Title: Second Shift Materials Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US