Repair Process Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12397
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01393251 Date posted 03/06/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
An opportunity exists to join us in the role of Repair Development Engineer, here at Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) at our East Hartford, CT campus, focused on implementing the new GTF product line into our shop.
Currently CTRP is installing a new cell dedicated to GTF hardware. As the repair development engineer, you will be responsible for designing the cell repair process, introducing new repairs and selecting the best technology to use in our repair process.
This position reports to the engineering manager, and will require creativity, strategic business-decision making as well as passion for continuously pushing boundaries.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining repair process plans and work instructions in support of new GTF products
- You will be responsible, with the help of the repair development team and management team, for bidding on new GTF work that would be within CTRP capabilities
- You will characterize engine run damage modes, and work with GSE to initiate new repairs to return parts to service.
- Additionally, you will assess the need for new capital equipment, machine tools, and production tooling, as well as developing the business case justifications for and executing on capital procurement projects.
- Aid CIPT/investigation teams on new fleet-critical projects associated with new product launch.
- Develop tools and fixtures for part processing.
- Execute repair process standard work associated with new product development (R reviews, UPPAP, Process Certification, etc.) as new parts and repairs are initiated.
Strong Candidate Identified; Qualified Candidates Are Encouraged To Apply.Â Â Â Â
- A Bachelorâ€s of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering and/or Materials Science is required. Other degrees may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 3 years minimum experience in repair process engineering and/or aerospace.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects/programs.
- A strong desire to learn and have the technical skill to drive operations, rapid problem solving and continuous improvement, and automation of equipment and process concepts for external candidates is helpful.
- Work with all levels of management, shop personnel and partners. Speak expertly and tailor explanations and presentations to the audience as appropriate.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus.
- Familiar with P&W Engine Manuals, Standard Practice Manuals and Technical Orders or equivalent is helpful.
- Knowledge of military and commercial products / parts is a big plus.
- Knowledge of source demonstration/repair source approval is desired.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01393251
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Process Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US