Cost Program Manager, MSEN
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12396
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01393012 Date posted 03/06/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
This critical leadership role within the MSEN (Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles) Module Center is responsible for the leadership and management of the Product Cost reduction efforts â€" with primary focus on the NGPF and F135 engine models. As a Cost Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the cost program / execution plan to achieve the aggressive cost targets to drive down our engine cost. You will also lead operations, engineering & supply chain teams to effectively manage existing product cost reduction projects, while building a robust pipeline of ideas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Program management of MSEN cost reduction plan
- Manage cost reduction projects to ensure timely closure between strategic sourcing, engineering, value streams and transitions
- Estimate and project cost reduction savings for each engine program
- Ensure data accuracy and alignment
- Work with Finance, Engineering, Sourcing, Value Streams and Industrial/Transitions teams to ensure targets are known, tasks to hit cost targets are progressing and risks/opportunities are effectively managed
- Craft & continuously improve standard work to ensure cost reduction process is efficient and effective
- Track and manage budget requirements to ensure internal costs are on track and projects are supported appropriately
- Create presentations that show our strategic plans and provide updates to senior P&W leadership
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Finance, Operations, Engineering or Business and 10+ years of leadership experience in Program Management, Operations, Engineering or Finance OR Advanced Degree and 8+ years of leadership experience in Program Management, Operations, Engineering or Finance
- US Citizenship
- Master's Degree
- ACE Associate or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ambitious and detailed, project management oriented
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- Understands strategic and business implications and works to provide best P&W solutions
- Extensive proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- MRP/SAP experience
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communications
- Highly motivatedÂ self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01393012
Community / Marketing Title: Cost Program Manager, MSEN
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US