Hot Section Module Center F119 Industrial Lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12334
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01392350 Date posted 03/02/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) delivers highly technical products for P&W Commercial and Military programs, and continues to ramp production to support volume growth across NGPF platforms and the F135 program, as well maintain spares and engine needs on OCE & OME programs.
We are looking for a dynamic operations focused person that can easily transition into an F119 Industrial Lead for the HSMC. This position will provide a rare opportunity to have regular contact with every organization across Pratt & Whitney, our partners and supply chain. You will support HSMC and the CIPTâ€s delivery, quality and cost goals, including focused efforts on understanding design changes, manufacturing learning and strategic sourcing initiatives.
The candidate must demonstrate exceptional leadership, interpersonal and team skills, as well as strong communication and project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements. Additionally, weâ€ll be looking for individuals with strong business acumen, willingness to implement and drive lean manufacturing techniques.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead industrial planning - structure, framework and timing on sourcing and manufacturing decisions
- Drive MRP recovery efforts for the CIPT
- Prioritize and manage production readiness assessments.
- Develop, track and close action items to increase capacity and capability at suppliers
- Lead single points of failure and material changes that will impact sourcing decisions.
- Ensure transition plans are properly supported to ensure incumbents can deliver until new sources are actually delivering parts at production ramp rates
- Identify risks to supplier production ramp, continuing fleet sustainment, build mitigation plans, and drive actions to closure
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of Production Readiness activities to the CIPT (Component Integration Product Team and executive management).
- Identifies, quantifies, and elevates risk to commitments based on hardware requirements, production schedule, etc.
- Align Program milestones with Operation capability
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations, supply chain, engineering, quality, manufacturing or similar
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- Manufacturing, Engineering, Project, or Program management experience preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Detail and results oriented with good problem solving skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- Understands strategic and business implications and works to provide the best solutions
- Proven experience working with executive level management
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Extensive proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and SAP
- Outstanding project management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace engineering or other similar engineering degree with minimum of 5 years of experience in operations, supply
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01392350
Community / Marketing Title: Hot Section Module Center F119 Industrial Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US