NDT Technician (LG 04)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 12322
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01391757 Date posted 03/02/2020 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for! We are currently looking for a dynamic NDT Technician in West Palm Beach, FL.
Responsible for performing Non Destructive Testing methods and techniques utilizing liquid penetrants, magnetic particle, and Eddy current processes per requirements (FARS, ASTM, RSM, SBs, ADs, etc.). In this role you will be expected to evaluate inspection data, interpret Inspection findings/results, and record inspection results on approved documents. Maintain appropriate Level II and Level III certifications including required reliability demonstrations. Works directly under the Quality manager and also reports to the NDT core engineering team as applicable for technical support. This role is identified as a shared resource service provider across multiple key business processes.
- Perform NDT inspections, test & calibration
- Perform training and OJT as applicable to other lower level NDT certified inspectors as applicable
- Work from written and verbal instructions, drawings, quality assurance data sheets, inspection methods and standards, nondestructive test specifications, general operating method and instructions from nondestructive test engineer to plan, setup, calibrate and perform capability checks and inspections on complex hardware. Use various precision measurement and optical equipment as required to determine acceptability and/or to describe defect size and location
- Evaluate the results of all inspections performed using NDT processes to the level of certification held
- Ensure the movement of parts is tracked through applicable systems and carry small parts to their next location or contact transportation for the movement of larger parts
- Maintain accurate records of inspection for all NDT processes
- Perform process checks/audits on all materials and equipment used in NDT
- Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS, Quality, and CI functions
- All other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business
- The candidate may be required to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift to support the operations
- Level II Magnetic Particle certification required
- 3+ years experienced with NDT methods
- High School Diploma or GED required
- U.S. Citizenship due to government contract.
- 3+ years aerospace experience preferred.
- ASNT Certification preferred.
- Ability to obtain internal Level II FPI certification.
- Ability to obtain internal Level II Eddy current certification.
- Associateâ€s Degree preferred.
- Advanced understanding of non-destructive inspection techniques.
- Basic understanding of detailed prints and specifications.
- Basic working knowledge of shop floor equipment (setup, cleaning, operation).
- Basic computer skills (Window based software, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Requires well-rounded knowledge of the non-destructive test (NDT) practices, procedures, and applications, and dimensional inspection methods.
- Should have basic knowledge of alloy type and material defect characteristics.
- Requires overall moderate physical effort to handle parts of varying weights when processing or inspecting parts.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01391757
Community / Marketing Title: NDT Technician (LG 04)
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US