Senior Manager, GTF Induction Planning and Strategy
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12318
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01391745 Date posted 02/28/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of Senior Manager, GTF Induction Planning and Strategy at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage induction planning and strategy for GTF engine overhauls, considering shop scheduling, operator mix, capacity and throughput optimization, and Operator AOG risk and priority to the P&W business
- Contract management - understand contract language and execution with Maintenance Centers and tie-in to Operators (Airlines)
- Host daily induction meetings to coordinate information flow across functional groups and ensure readiness for induction at the Maintenance Centers.
- Prepare new Maintenance Centers for entry into the network; ensure they are prepared for Planning and Logistics scheduling, work scoping, progress communications, and have the necessary access to our IT systems.
- Understand and execute capacity planning for overhaul shops, using forecasts from other groups to determine demand and coupling that with the shops' capacity across the major programs.Â Understand how other programs influence a given shop's capacity.
- Coordinate Business Review Meetings (BRM's) with the Maintenance Centers on-site at their facility and on-site in East Hartford, CT
- Execute and understand all major shop metrics.Â Work with shops and P&W team to drive continuous improvement.
â€¢Bachelorâ€s degree in Engineering or Business is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Project management experience in a technical business or operations environment
- Experience teaming with other groups and organizations
- Coordination and communication - skilled in giving a clear message, including technical topics, and bringing far-off groups together.
- Savviness understanding data - metrics, shop activity, manipulating and synthesizing data, using Excel, Access, open-source software, web portals of information
- Understanding of the business processes involved in turbine engine overhaul or similar and turbine engine operation and how it relates to technical issues and overhaul actions
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01391745
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, GTF Induction Planning and Strategy
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US