Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12286
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01390825 Date posted 02/27/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it and as part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Program Planning & Scheduling (PP&S) organization is searching for a Program Scheduler. The PP&S organization works with key program stakeholders to promote the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) as a healthy, integrated management tool. The master schedule is the programâ€s most powerful management tool and when properly maintained, the schedule can be used to influence program management decisions and actions. PP&S supports various programs by managing the IMS content, providing quality analysis of the product and ensuring that it meets government and company standards. The program scheduler works with program office stakeholders and partners to ensure quality inputs and baseline integrity.
As a Program Scheduler, you will be:
- Evaluating schedule health, making sure that the schedule is vertically and horizontally linked to perform program critical path assessments with oversight
- Using scheduling knowledge on Military Engine Programs to analyze program plans, promoting the IMS as a healthy, integrated management tool
- Assist CAMs in developing schedule baseline changes and integrating proposed changes into existing schedules.
- Support program scheduling procedures and standard work creation, continuously expanding professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity as well as communicating improvements and efficiencies in scheduling processes.
Bachelorâ€s degree is required, with a preference for business/project management or an engineering field.Â Other disciplines will be considered with appropriate work history.
Advanced degrees preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience in project or program cost scheduling or management, integrated cost and scheduling, risk analysis, or other Earned Value Management System principles
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Proficiency in scheduling software such as Primavera, MS Project, or Open Plan
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Able to provide efficient and effective analysis
- Experience on DoD compliance programs and reporting requirements
- Understanding of systems/project engineering concepts and practices
- Organized and self-motivated with excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities while meeting deadlines
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01390825
Community / Marketing Title: Program Scheduler
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US