Specialist, Environmental Compliance
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 12281
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389636 Date posted 02/26/2020 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Environmental Compliance Specialist to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
TheÂ Environmental Compliance SpecialistÂ will act as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management.Â Primary responsibilities, with oversight, will include:
- Managing Title V Air Permit (Georgia experience preferred), including data management and reporting, regulatory report preparation
- Developing and implementing environmental compliance protocols, such as data reporting requirements/methodology to encourage consistent and compliant behavior
- Working closely with Legal, consultants and regulatory services to review and interpret EH&S regulations
- Collaborating with environment professionals to address environment compliance issues
- Conducting training/educational programs on compliance business practices
- Managing environmental, air, water, Â and related compliance programs or projects, as assigned
- Performing tasks associated with Environmental Compliance as a member of the Site EH&S team.
- Conducting environmental inspections and analyzes audit findings to develop corrective actions and achieve and maintain safe work practices.
- Investigating environmental events to identify root causes and develop corrective actions.
- Developing and implements strategic EHS initiatives and coordinates/drives the necessary tactical resources/elements to achieve and maintain successful implementation.
- Bachelorsâ€ Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or other sciences
- 3 -5 yearsâ€ experience in Environmental Management in a manufacturing environment
- Air Permit (Title V) application preparation and program management required
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Environmental Sciences or Engineering will be given priority
- PE, CHMM preferred
- Wastewater and Stormwater program management preferred
- Hands on experience and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas.
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Executive presence and comfortable interacting with leadership
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01389636
Community / Marketing Title: Specialist, Environmental Compliance
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US