Cost Engineer Application and Standard Lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12265
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389618 Date posted 02/26/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney's Core Manufacturing Engineering Organization is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Applications and Standards individual to provide support to the Cost Modeling team. Candidate will work with MEâ€s to optimize cost modeling software by evaluating overall manufacturing methods, determining best practices based on world class manufacturing technologies and updating as appropriate process library. This position will be located in E. Hartford, CT.
- Maintain manufacturing process library for material and process routings.
- Compile and evaluate data, prepare technical analysis, recommend manufacturing methods and processes required to sustain accurate cost models.
- Update and maintain cost estimating methods and models.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing engineers on a variety of tasks.
- Update and maintain standard work/job instructions for should cost and delta cost models.
- Develop and maintain cost models and define estimating rationale to support costs.
- Experience with NX Manager, Teamcenter and how structure relates to the BOM and CAD Assembly.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, blue print interpretation; in-depth knowledge of data structures and ability to analyze data to solve problems, with a minimum 7 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree of 5 years of experience with a Masters degree
- Comfortable working within cross functional teams, contributing to the overall planning of projects, recommending approaches, and developing timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical problem solving, and detail oriented.
- Experience creating automated scripts and macros preferred.
- Ideal candidates should be energetic, flexible, ethical, creative, and possess a positive attitude.
- Experience in Export Control and ACE Associate Level training.
- Master's Degree
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related technical field is required.
U.S. citizenship required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01389618
Community / Marketing Title: Cost Engineer Application and Standard Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US