Associate Engineer, System Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 12262
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01392109 Date posted 02/26/2020 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: PW Puerto Rico Road 110 North Km28.8 San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR, 00603 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful, and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE
Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics. Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs architectural exploration. Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Responsible for creation of tooling solutions and detailed tool design drawings and stress analysis in support of our Military, Aerospace and Commercial markets utilizing Siemens NX CAD software.
- Review the Input documents and verify that all information needed is available to complete design. If the information is unavailable, then this person will be responsible for communicating it with the Design Lead and Project Engineer.
- Participates in tooling design reviews to ensure tools support the customer build plan, is usable by the production and meets the establish technical / safety / ergo requirements.
- Understand and work to all Engineering Standard Work (ESW) procedures and work instructions.
- Possess some knowledge of customer design standards including how to access CAD supplied design standards as needed.
- Design to required specific intervals and standards and inform Lead Designer when reaching the specified intervals for internal checks. This person must notify the Project Engineer once the internal check has been completed.
- Comply fully with electronic document and manual document control system.
- Work in the most efficient manner and deliver design within or before required due date and budgeted hours.
- Must be able to achieve quality and delivery goals.
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Obtain ACE Associate certification.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Engineering
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge or coursework in 3-D modeling experience (UGNX or similar CAD software) of assembly fixtures, machine fixtures, bond & lay-up tools and facility equipment.
- Knowledge or coursework in geometric tolerances.
- Ability to provide 2-D drawings.
- Knowledge on UGNX or similar CAD software
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01392109
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Engineer, System Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US