Location: Remote City, Alabama US
Job Number: 12245
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01387254 Date posted 02/25/2020 City Remote City State Alabama Country United States
United States of America
PW199: Alabama Field Location Remote Location, Remote City, AL, 06032 USA
Pratt and Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. We are a worldwide leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a great opportunity for a talented Quality Engineer supporting the A220/ A320 programs onsite for Airbus at their Podding Facility and Final Assembly Line (FAL) manufacturing site located in Mobile, Alabama. You will be serving as a focal point that works with Engineering, Customer Support, Procurement, and other functional disciplines to drive final delivery of engines to the customer. In this position, you will problem solve, develop timely action plans for resolution, and lead implementation of corrective actions to the action plan developed. Additional duties will include:
- Provide technical support and maintain a strong working relationship with the UTAS/PWC/PW and Airbus teams.
- Investigate and analyze any hardware/assembly concerns causing Engine Center quality and delivery issues by reviewing procedures, specifications, instructions, processes, and equipment to ensure compliance to applicable drawing, specifications, and standards in an effort to resolve these concerns.
- Resolve proper disposition of nonconforming material when participating in the Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Generate, maintain, and provide quality metrics to the P&W Management team and lead quality improvement programs.
- Help to craft and implement standard work for all onsite processes
- Serve as an on-site customer interface for P&W at the on-site facility.
- Serve as a liaison to Airbus and customer representatives for the Quality discipline as needed for this program.
- Travel may be up to 30%
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace OR Advanced Degree and 3+ years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Quality management system knowledge and familiarity with quality plan compliance
- Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles or experience with a continuous improvement program (Sig Sigma/ACE)
- Ability to interpret engineering technical data and provide direction to multi-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, presentation, planning, problem solving, project management and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) & Federal Air Transport Agency (FATA) regulatory requirements or work experience with government regulatory agencies preferred
- Knowledge of AS9100
- FAA ODA certification a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products
- Strong quality system knowledge, familiarity with SAP System transactions, and the ability to query data from SAP and Solumina database systems
- The ability to work both independently and within team environments
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01387254
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Remote City, Alabama US