Engineer, Electrical and Electronics Engineering - ASIC / FPGA
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 12239
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01392357 Date posted 02/25/2020 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: PW Puerto Rico Road 110 North Km28.8 San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR, 00603 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful, and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes. Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means. Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components. Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms. Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Supports the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices, ensuing work is completed on time and established quality and budgets are achieved.
- Support ASIC / FPGA digital architecture and design using RTL, and timing analysis and closure
- Support verification environment architecture and design using SystemVerilog with OVM/UVM
- RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog with minimum supervision
- Support integration of FPGA/ASIC designs in a reciprocal lab environment
- Testbench development with minor supervision for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Creation of written test cases, code coverage tracking, and functional coverage tracking
- Supports implementation of continuous improvement in the group's ASIC / FPGA design flow
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools and support AS9100 efforts.
- Support delivery team with project management activities by providing required project status artifacts.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of related experience in Computer, Electrial or Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of revision control concepts and tools
- Familiarity in real time language (RTL)
- Familiar of digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure
- Knowledge or coursework using ASIC and/or FPGA simulation and synthesis tools
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
- Familiar with Linux
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with ASIC / FPGA lab validation with lab equipment (e.g. Osciliscopes, Logic Analyzers)
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts (e.g. Java, C++, SystemVerilog)
- Knowledge with scripting (Unix, Python, and/or Perl)
- Experience with digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure
- Familiar with Design for Test (DFT) and manufacturability issues
- Familiarity with revision control concepts and toos (e.g. Subversion, ClearCase, Git, RCS)
- Knowledge in VHDL and/or SystemVerilog
- Familiarity of ASIC and/or FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Questasim, Synplify, Modelsim,
- Works on assigned tasks with minimum guidance
- Strong teamwork skills
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01392357
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Electrical and Electronics Engineering - ASIC / FPGA
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US