Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12213
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01391869 Date posted 02/21/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a vibrant and challenging environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Contract Manager to be based in East Hartford.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career this is the role for you. The AMNS Contract Manager will be responsible for the contract from start to contract closeout. The individual will provide terms and conditions review and advice on contracting rights and obligations to mitigate contractual and programmatic risks.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- You will support the drafting, negotiation, interpretation and management of proposal and contract documents for the Military Engines Organization.
- The position will provide you the opportunity to develop customer interaction skills.
- Improve negotiation abilities and gain complex business experience.
- You will be the primary focal point for external and internal customers regarding contract issues and interpretation of contract requirements; therefore strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- You will have the opportunity to exercise discretion and work independently as well as provide contract leadership and expertise in developing innovative solutions to complex contracting issues.
- The Contract Manager will be responsible for the contract from start to contract closeout. The individual will provide terms and conditions review and advice on contracting rights and obligations to mitigate contractual and programmatic risks.
- This position requires significant interaction with various managers within the Military Engines Organization and a weapons systems contractor.
- The candidate will be an independent learner and possess demonstrated team working skills.
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- BA/BS Degree.
- 3+ years document drafting skills, an understanding of aerospace business and legal issues, and familiarity with ACE process improvement tools.
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder) due to program requirements.
- JD strongly preferred.
- Experience with FAR and DFARs is strongly preferred.
- Provide contracting knowledge sufficient to provide advice and counsel to the program teams and others as required.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Export and Import (EAR, ITAR) experience a plus.
- This position requires significant interaction experience with various levels within the Military Engines Organization.
- You will need to be an independent learner and possess proven team working skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01391869
Community / Marketing Title: Contracts Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US