Global Health and Safety Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12212
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389448 Date posted 02/21/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
We are looking for a dynamic Manager of Global Health and Safety to lead a team of EH&S professionals. In this role, you will develop programs and strategies, provide technical support to sites to ensure strategic alignment and execution of safety initiatives across Pratt & Whitney sites globally, and provide oversight to the development and implementation of the Pratt & Whitney health & safety program in accordance with UTC Management System and regulatory requirements.
- Leads development of safety and health policies and leads all aspects of the safety programs globally. Establish safety and health management systems for safe work practices, personal protection, industrial hygiene, hazard identification and control, injury management, and corrective action resolution. Conducts periodic site visits/audits to validate program implementation and effectiveness. Develops the tactical approach to implement the safety program strategy.
- Establishes key safety metrics (both leading and lagging) and performance targets and communicates with site and corporate stakeholders. Supports safety review process for capital projects to ensure regulatory compliance, property protection and life safety risks are adequately managed prior to submittal for approval. Oversee the injury reduction programs that go beyond compliance requirements.
- Ensures process robustness for timely review every recordable injury and serious near misses, that they are thoroughly investigated, learnings shared globally. Serves as technical resource for incident investigation and causal factor/root cause analysis.
- In conjunction with the Pratt & Whitney Medical Manager, support the medical management, worker's compensation, ergonomics, and health promotion activities, timely case management reviews. Supports the development and recommended WC program changes that strengthen program goals and mitigate costs. Â Where applicable, supports the integration of health promotion with safety program development and ergonomics. Â
- Leads UTC / Pratt & Whitney risk identification programs (FHRA, Special Processes, Management of Change, and FM Global - Human Elements) Fatal and Serious Injury (FSI) precursor, PRA, and acts as a technical resource for the sharing of regulatory requirements and best practices. Develop and institute policies and procedures to ensure high risk special processes controls and strategies are executed across all Pratt & Whitney operations through functional leadership and/or onsite EH&S professionals. Ensures appropriate assessments are conducted and that corrective actions are completed on a timely basis. Â
- Lead communications regarding safety and health matters, promoting a zero injury culture, free of recognized hazards, promoting safe work behaviors and managing the safety of employees as a business priority. As a member of the P&W EH&S Leadership Council, support on-going reviews of key initiatives and effectiveness at site level, performance improvement to PW/UTC goals, and annual P&W policy deployment objectives, including communication with site leaders and executives. Â
- Partner with Environmental, Compliance, Legal, and Regional leaders in the development and implementation of audits, notification, alerts, EMOC & passport reviews to ensure alignment.
- Deliver results through influence and communicating effectively with clients and practical integration of health and safety with business practices. Take actions to drive improvement in safety performance and building a robust sustainable safety and health culture companywide. Conduct benchmarking within UTC and externally as needed.Â
- Ensures the provision of training on health and safety topics and ensures that training is conducted as required or needed. Drive improvement and efficiencies through the expanded use of technology, and eliminate waste and non-value added redundancies.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or similar technical area of study and 10+ years of experience in EH&S (Environment, Health and Safety) OR Advanced Degree and 8+ years of experience in EH&S
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with the ability to motivate others.
- Strong leadership, organization and project management skills.
- Able to perform/lead a variety of tasks, planned and unplanned, with an exceptionally high level of quality to meet target dates.
- Work with a hands-on approach; ability to operate in a matrixed corporate and manufacturing environment; comfortable engaging across the organization, from front-line to executive leadership; ability to use influence to drive results.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite products to deliver data analysis, PowerPoint presentations for executive councils, Safety Performance Report (SRM), and monthly report to president etc.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities.
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement.
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01389448
Community / Marketing Title: Global Health and Safety Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US