Industrialization Project Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12192
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01390625 Date posted 02/20/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of Industrialization Project Manager at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
This role will support the ramp-up of global repair capability while optimizing the repair provider network to have the right technical capability and capacity to support the engine overhaul commitments.
The Engineering Industrialization Project Manager is chartered to support the ramp-up of global repair capability while optimizing the repair provider network to have the right technical capability and capacity to support the engine overhaul commitments.
The GTF Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) Operations team is chartered to ramp-up global engine overhaul and repair capability and capacity. Accelerating the expansion of repair suppliers, repair supplier readiness and capacity is a critical activity to support this initiative. To support this initiative, we are looking to expand the core team of Engineering Industrialization Managers who are responsible for repair readiness.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will be the PW focal point for GTF MRO partners and external suppliers to ensure production readiness across programs
- Develop and execute optimal technical and production readiness plans
- Provide technical support and guidance to assist repair facilities with new repair development processes and source qualification on various products and processes
- Leverage multiple engineering disciplines and product development teams to support solutions to new distress modes
- Transition technology as applicable
- Support capacity ramp at repair facilities
- Lead initiatives to establish and document applicable standard work, gated processes, and metrics
- Promote standard methodologies Â across MRO Repair Facilities
- BS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or other engineering discipline required.
- US Citizenship is a requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering (product, process or production engineering) within a manufacturing/repair facility is required.
- 6 years of experience within an MRO repair station or aerospace manufacturing facility
- 6 years of experience with project management, self-initiative, and creative problem solving
- Travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30%. Must have or be willing to obtain a valid US Passport
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Highly motivated, high energy self-starter with a strong desire to succeed
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01390625
Community / Marketing Title: Industrialization Project Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US