Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12188
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389991 Date posted 02/20/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Hot Module Center Supplier Quality team is responsible for working closely with our Suppliers to ensure we deliver high-Quality parts that meet our Customer's dynamic needs. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will provide support to the Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of Suppliers' Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and peer organizations. This position at our East Hartford CT Facility will have you engaging in a high-impact role in one of the most dynamic and exciting manufacturing facilities in the company. The position offers opportunities for continued growth and development in both technical as well as interpersonal skills. Position is traditional Monday-Friday day shift.
- Understand and execute key aspects of overseeing and assuring supplier activities to achieve best-in-class Supplier Quality, delivery and service while acting as the primary Quality Engineering focal for suppliers from PW Global Supply Chain
- Create and maintain key relationships with Suppliersâ€ Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering, Procurement and support organizations to resolve production challenges in a high paced environment
- Support Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) reviews
- Work on multiple high visibility projects to support operations and procurements
- Engage with SQAR, PPAP focal points and visit domestic and international suppliers to improve overall quality signature of supplier
- Support legacy, NGPF and military engine programs from mod center and supplier quality team
Escape Management Support
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the Supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time;
- Require and coach Suppliers to find root cause and implement sustainable corrective / preventive action on all escapes
- Lead Quality issue resolution with PW Engineering and Supplier Engineering on Supplier-designed components
- Conduct data analysis in various PW dashboards to collect and analyze data in order to implement process and design changes at suppliers to improve their quality and productivity
- Team with Engineering and Procurement to execute proactive supply base improvement plans that improve Quality signature and to ensure customer confidence
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field and 5+ years of quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace OR Advanced Degree and 3+ years of quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Masterâ€s Degree Preferred
- Knowledgeable / experienced in AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as 8D, RCCA, PFMEA, GD&T
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience or other Lean Systems experience a plus
- ASQ (CQE, CQM) certifications a plus
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01389991
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US