F135 Field Service Engineer – Naval Air Station Lemoore, Lemoore, CA
Location: Edwards AFB, California US
Job Number: 12167
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01390947 Date posted 02/19/2020 City Edwards AFB State California Country United States
United States of America
PW126: Edwards AFB 295 N. Wolfe Ave, Bldg 3810, Edwards AFB, CA, 93524 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
F135 Field Service Engineer
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Military Engines F135 Fleet Operations is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to represent the P&W Team at Naval Air Station Lemoore, CA as a Field Service Engineer(FSE). This position is a customer facing role in a high visibility and team oriented environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting F-35C/F135 operations to include, systems, tooling, material, and processes. The FSE will have hands-on interaction with the engine (software and hardware), aircraft, and squadron personnel. With support from Hardware and Systems CSEs, the FSE will use JTD, VCD, and ARs to review conditional HRCs, determine correct solutions, and make recommendations.
- Ensuring comprehensive reporting on support activities including aircraft and engine status, flight reports, operational data, engine configuration status and parts consumption.
- Working closely with internal P&W teams (Customer Support Engineering, Supply Chain Management, F-35 Operations Center, ALIS teams) to assist current and future US Navy and Marine Corps squadrons and the Fleet Readiness Center in troubleshooting and resolution of emerging customer issues and maintain flexibility to resolve constantly changing customer priorities.
- Using self-initiative and judgment to identify problems, conduct investigations to determine root cause, and coordinate solutions between P&W, the Joint Strike Fighter Program Office, and Lockheed Martin. Representative will be responsible for coordinating field issues with the local P&W team, Engineering, and Logistics Program Management.
- Complying with Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) requirements and participating in Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) initiatives.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to support customer detachments and deployments. Domestic and International Travel, as well as Shipboard Operations are required and part of the team concept. Must have the ability to rotate first and second shift schedules as required to meet customer support and team objectives.
Do you have the education?
A bachelorâ€s degree is required. Non-technical degrees will be considered if the candidate has appropriate / related experience.
- A bachelorâ€s degree
- 7+ years of professional experience in aircraft gas turbine engine maintenance, logistics, and logistics support. This includes supply chain management and Support Equipment management Background in ITAR/ITC is desired for this assignment
- 7+ years direct experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- US Citizen, due to government contracts
- BS in an engineering or a technical field is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate between a diverse team - Experience with aviation maintenance and production information systems (NALCOMIS, OOMA, SAP,MERLIN, Business Objects, etc.); ALIS experience preferred
- Knowledge of turbine engine theory and operation
- Familiarity with the structure of US Naval Aviation and carrier (CVN/CVW) operations
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01390947
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Field Service Engineer – Naval Air Station Lemoore, Lemoore, CA
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edwards AFB, California US