Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist
Location: Holt, Michigan US
Job Number: 12162
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01390376 Date posted 02/19/2020 City Holt State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW714: Holt MI 1780 Holloway, Holt, MI, 48842 USA Go Beyond
Flight is an instrument of human progress.
It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
About This Position:
We have an amazing opportunity for a driven and career-minded finance professional to join our organization as a Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist. This role will work from our Holt, MI facility and will provide support and analysis in the following areas:
- Monthly Closing: Execute month-end close processes, prepare journal entries, provide actuals reporting and variance analysis including, but not limited to part cost, inventory reserves, scrap, capital expenditures, cost per hour.
- Forecasting: Support the monthly forecasting, annual planning and long-range planning processes.
- Fixed Assets: Monitor Assets-Under-Construction account to ensure proper timing of capitalization. Assist with capital appropriation requests and forecasting capital expenditures.
- SOX Compliance: Assist with the annual SOX testing requirements including assessment review, testing and issue resolution. Candidate will work with internal and external audit teams as required.
- Continuous Improvement: Seek ways to improve processes, help establish best practices and manage standard work.
- Miscellaneous Reporting: Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to support operations management, local finance, and East Hartford financial requirements.
This position requires on-site presence during traditional business hours to support finance and operations teams. Occasional overtime may be necessary during month-end, quarter-end and/or year-end closing cycles.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting or Finance required
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to Government Contracts
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis in support of a manufacturing organization required
- We will also consider candidates with advanced degrees and only 3 years of experience within the required field
- Understanding of accounting principles and business controls
- Understanding of general cost concepts and components including manufacturing bill of materials, work order routings and operations, direct labor charging, purchased part costs, and overhead
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- You have over +3 years' experience in Forecasting, Cost Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis within an Aerospace Manufacturing organization
- Working knowledge of SAP and SAP Business Warehouse a big plus
- You have an excellent communication, interpersonal, social skills and ability to foster positive relationships with internal partners
- Expert-level use of Excel (Pivot tables, VLookup) and proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Outstanding communication, business writing and formal / informal presentation skills.
- Comfortable interacting with customers and senior management
- Effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving operational improvements. UTC ACE Associate Certification preferred
- Advanced research, analytical and data-mining skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with individuals and/or teams at all levels of the organization, and with disciplines outside of Finance
- Problem solving skills. Proven ability to independently resolve moderate problems, and know when to seek support from other sources
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01390376
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Holt, Michigan US