F117 Hydraulic Controls Customer Support Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12158
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01390293 Date posted 02/19/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Customer Support Engineering is seeking a driven, self-starting engineer to lead investigation, reporting, and improvement efforts on hydraulic controls for the Pratt & Whitney F117 engine.Â As a member of our team, you will manage in-house field support for all customer issues, flight testing, and integration of updates and repairs.Â You will drive customer satisfaction by influencing designs for supportability, maintainability, and lifecycle cost.
Your Core Responsibilities Will Include:
- Form and lead cross functional teams with the customer, CSE, and CIPTs to resolve F117 engine operation, test, troubleshooting and logistical issues.
- Lead field investigations on engine or aircraft interface issues to identify root cause of anomalies and identify improvements.
- Develop and implement logistics plans for corrective actions in the field.
- Write Position Papers using technical data provided by other organizations to transmit recommendations and verify effectiveness and closure of recommendations.
- Coordinate with Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) to support activities involved in conducting and implementing DR, SIB, or MIP investigations and submission of a DR final letter or report.
- Co-Lead, coordinate, prepare and present technical andÂ in support of Propulsion Technical Meetings and Propulsion Users Conferences
- Present major issues and solutions to internal management team and external customers in various communications meetings.
- Participate in Weekly customer telecons to provide status of CSE activities.
- Support and present monthly to the F117 internal safety meeting.
Education / Certifications:
BS in Engineering, or an MS/MBA with an engineering background is preferred
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience/training
- 5+ years of experience working with commercial or military turbine engines, especially with hydraulic systems
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Demonstrated successful management of large scale projects, including the management of multiple priorities in parallel
- Experience with field service, logistics, corrective actions, and technical writing/reporting
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01390293
Community / Marketing Title: F117 Hydraulic Controls Customer Support Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US