Senior Associate, Procurement
Location: Springdale, Arkansas US
Job Number: 12142
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01388073 Date posted 02/17/2020 City Springdale State Arkansas Country United States
United States of America
PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A rare opportunity exists for you to join us in the role of Product Buyer at our Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Supply Chain Business Unit, PW PSD, located in Springdale, AR.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Perform strategic sourcing and tactical buying related to the day-to-day business and its procurement of jet engine parts detail parts, repairs.
- You will be the primary focal point for internal customers regarding purchase order/contract issues and supplier dispute resolutions.
- Align with all standard work, purchasing policies, procedures, and processes, and international trade compliance requirements of Pratt & Whitney.
- Use all PW Aftermarket agreements as well as those agreements in place, and as appropriate, with United Technologies Corporate Supply Management.
- Manage cost data on purchases to ensure competitive purchase order pricing, and support all cost reduction initiatives.
- Negotiate and obtain the best cost/value for purchases.
- Work with internal departments, develop business processes that keep purchases within budget and lead time while facilitating perfect supplier quality performance.
- Provide input to cost estimation process allowing for timely estimates for PWâ€s business.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by aligning with all policies and procedures and completing all required training.
- You have prior experience working within a matrix organization.
- Proven experience and accomplishment with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Presentations to internal customers and Management will be required.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; preference given to candidates who have earned a B.S. in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance or a related field.
- US Citizenship is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in supply chain, logistics or manufacturing is required.
- 3 years of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- At least 3 years of direct buying experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail oriented, possess strong negotiation and time management/prioritization skills and can adhere to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of SAP and SRM Systems is highly preferred.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01388073
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Associate, Procurement
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springdale, Arkansas US