Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 12130
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389343 Date posted 02/17/2020 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Warehouse Associate to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
- Lead a team of highly skilled CMM (Varying Types) Programmers to ensure we exceed customer expectations.
- Lead the Gage Standards Team into the next phase of Continuous Improvement.
- Develop, document and communicate run rules for efficient operation of the Gage Standards Lab.
- Evaluate procedures and processes to determine compliance with applicable requirements.
- Investigate new technology options for visual and dimensional inspection and present options for consideration/funding to senior leadership.
- Lead and communicate quality initiatives to the team.
- Meet business metrics as defined by Cells (EH&S, Quality, Delivery and Cost).
- Demonstrate a dedication to the EH&S Program.
- Evaluation of business needs as related to resources and plan to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelorsâ€ degree in an engineering discipline and 5 years experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Hands on experience in quality
- Working knowledge of AS9100
- Knowledge of GD&T, Blueprint Interpretation Skills
- Working knowledge of Measurement Correlation requirements
- Understanding of Calibration System Requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01389343
Community / Marketing Title: Metrology Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US