Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12120
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01390767 Date posted 02/17/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney's Digital Technology Global Digital Delivery organization is searching for a System Analyst to join their Finance Aftermarket Team . This team leads the development and deployment of the IT aftermarket finance systems and applications which power P&W's Commercial and Military OEM and Aftermarket network, which includes engine assembly, engine overhaul, part repair, line maintenance and engine fleet management.Â The position will work on the conversion of several JAVA and .net applications into the SAP system for the Aftermarket Service Programs Organization.
This role requires strong hands-on SAP technical experience, including:
- Convert business requirements into functional requirements documents for projects requiring aftermarket finance support
- Design aftermarket finance solutions and create corresponding SAP configuration transports
- Managing project schedules and resources to implement projects, meeting all budget, quality and schedule targets
- Technical and functional problem solving
- Assist in defining technical requirements for ongoing systems maintenance and future functionality to meet requirements and improve system efficiency
- Train users in the use of the aftermarket finance solutions.
- Work with the SAP Security Team to ensure transactions are properly assigned to users
- Maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with process owners, technical and functional team members, and users
- Perform related duties as assigned
In this role you will be involved in every aspect of the Agile or Waterfall (SDLC) software and system development methodology. Working with a collaborative team, you will create and deliver IT solutions that generate real business benefit and enable PWâ€s digital transformation.
Career growth opportunities include access and exposure to airline customers, technical experts, global business operations, continuous improvement activities, and middle and senior P&W management. Few positions offer such a broad opportunity to network with technical personnel and to build relationships with leaders of key business operations.
- Moderate domestic and international travel (5-10%) may be required
- Due to customer locations in different time zones, customer meetings can occur outside normal business work hours
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields of study include Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or similar technology field
- Advanced degree preferred
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required) in any of the preferred fields
- Minimum 5+ years of general project management experience related to Enterprise Technology Business Systems or Infrastructure Technology
- You have successfully participated as a subject matter expert and/or have managed at least 3 full lifecycle SAP implementations
- You have SAP Core Experience in following modules: Finance (FI), Sales & Distribution (SD), Material Manager (MM), Inventory Management (IM), Warehouse Management (WM), Production Planning (PP), Logistics Execution (LE), Project System (PS), Human Resources (HCM), and along with standard SAP tables, transaction codes, configuration and enhancements
- You have the ability to analyze complex issues and make modifications as needed
- You have extensive experience working with developers to develop/enhance SAP user exits, enhancement spots and Business Add-Ins (BADIs)
- You have in depth knowledge of FICO, SD, MM, WM, PS, HCM, basic configuration
- You have extensive experience in understanding business requirements and proposing solutions by using SAP standard procedures and giving top priority to configurations; then developing custom coding as needed
- You have in depth knowledge and experience in manufacturing process life cycles
- You have one or more SAP Certifications
- You have the ability to create data for unit testing and other testing and perform necessary testing as needed
- You have the ability to communicate functional information both in person and in writing
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01390767
Community / Marketing Title: System Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US