F135, In-Country Program Manager, UK
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12091
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01386167 Date posted 02/14/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Military Engines F135 Sustainment is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Program Manager with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to lead the UK F135 Program from the Lightning Operations Centre (LOC) at RAF Marham, United Kingdom. This highly unique position within Sustainment is a customer facing role in a high visibility and cross functional environment from the flight line to the Ministry of Defence. A successful candidate will have the ability to build trust and strong working relationships with customers, partners and internal organizations. While the In-Country Program Manager does not currently have direct reports this individual will provide guidance and supervision for all fellow P&W EXPAT FSRs, CSEs, and Propulsion Instructors operating within the UK.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- You will be the senior interface with the UK customer and be the focal point for escalation of service delivery.
- You will be the senior manager within the LOC and be responsible for the overall efforts of the propulsion team and delivery of all propulsion system sustainment activity in support of the UK fleet.
- Provide managerial oversight of all activities across the LOC functions, including Sustaining Engineering, Fleet Planning, Supply Chain, and Performance Management.
- You will be the focal point for operational planning including the requirement for surge capacity.
- As the F135 representative you will use initiative and judgment to identify problems, conduct investigations to determine root causes, and implement corrective actions, coordinating across the industry and military solution present in the UK.
- You will communicate and work with internal P&W teams (Customer Support Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Center, ALIS teams, Global Asset Management) to assist the UK in troubleshooting and resolution of emerging customer issues and maintain flexibility to resolve constantly changing customer priorities.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, assign, and evaluate work of assigned staff, providing guidance and direction.
- Ensure employees follow all UTC policies and procedures.
- Recognize and reward team members for their contributions.
- Ensure comprehensive reporting on support activities including aircraft and engine status, flight reports, operational data, engine configuration status and parts consumption.
- Provide direct oversight of subcontractors located at RAF Marham in support of F135.
- You will be the senior F135 CONDO Manager and be the primary liaison for the official CONDO Manger in the LOC.
- Ability to travel within the UK for short periods of time to support customer requirements (primarily between RAF Marham and MoD Abbey Wood in Filton, Bristol).
Do you have the experience to join our team?
- BS/BA degree required, preference for a technical field.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- BS/BA degree required. Â
- 10+ years of professional experience in aerospace sustainment, maintenance, logistics, supply chain, or similar fleet management functions.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Possess or be able to obtain a US Government Secret Clearance.
Or these Preferred Qualifications?
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of TAAs, ITC/ITAR Requirements
- F135 familiarity: Fleet Operations & Fleet Management, Supply Chain Management, Support Equipment Management, HPSI structure, PBL contracting & requirements process, Taxes Tariffs and Duties with respect to GAM.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01386167
Community / Marketing Title: F135, In-Country Program Manager, UK
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US