Sr Mgr, Mfg/Ops (Industrial Manager)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12038
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01388507 Date posted 02/11/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The 24K Program Industrial team represents all of production operations to the program office and also represents the program office to all of operations. In this wide ranging capacity the organization is also responsible for representing operations to both our airframe customers, Airbus, as well as our program partners such as MTU, GKN, IHI, MHI, etc. The 24K Program industrial team is looking for individuals who are self-motivated and desire to work in an area which provides broad visibility to both production operations throughout P&W and our supply chain as well as to the program office.
The 24K product family is unique in that it is responsible for not only an engine but also the propulsion system making the 24K a â€one-stopâ€ shop for our customers. In 2020, the install production output for the 24K product family will double from 2019 volumes. This ramp will bring both excitement and significant challenges to the production organizations, the program, and to the program industrial team. This role will report to the 24K Production Chief Office, be focused on the Propulsion Systems Integrated Product Team and propulsion system supplier to support key ramp plans to achieve customer commitments. Provide operational and program alignment to the Propulsion system assembly site in Mirabel Canada. In this role, the A220 engine Industrial Manager will work alongside the module centerâ€s Industrial Manager, Engineering, and Quality representatives in the IPT to develop risk mitigation plans to execute the PW1500G Program.
- Monitors engine production hardware delivery, while managing critical components
- Identifies, quantifies, and elevates risk to commitments based on hardware requirements, production schedule, etc.
- Manages Supplier Furnished Equipment (SFE) with the customer and operations
- Coordinates and manages MRP changes with Master Scheduling organization and Operations PDC
- Support EC incorporation planning with Mod Center and supplier
- Align Program milestones with Operation capability
- Strives for continuous improvement
There is 15% domestic and international travel associated with this position.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Operations/Supply Chain/Engineering/Quality/Manufacturing/Project Management or combinedÂ with a Bachelors Degree OR minimum 7 years of experience in Operations/Supply Chain/Engineering/Quality/Manufacturing/Project Management or combinedÂ with a Masters degree.
- Experience with external customers
- Leadership presentation experience
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and detailed
Â Note: The final grade of the position will depend on the experience of the candidate selected.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01388507
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Mgr, Mfg/Ops (Industrial Manager)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US