Materials & Planning Specialist
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 12037
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01388872 Date posted 02/11/2020 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
It is an exciting time to join the WPB MRO Engine Center within Aftermarket Operations at Pratt & Whitney! The newly transitioned WPB GTF MRO DAT (Disassembly Assembly Test) facility is positioning to become a major contributor in support of the PW1100G-JM flying fleet. The GTF MRO facility is looking to fill a critical leadership role of the Materials and Planning Specialist.
The M&P Specialist will be responsible for performing material planning and scheduling, coordinating internal and external repair management, teaming closely with the production and inventory control planner, along with detailed coordination with 3rd party logistics, while operating in a Bargaining Unit environment. In addition, the M&P Specialist will also provide supplemental support to Gate 2 operations, and provide guidance necessary to assure a continuous improvement culture is developed. The preferred candidate will also support shop turnaround time, elapsed turnaround time, inventory management, and COPQ.
- Be a leader within the GTF MRO materials team while integrating seamlessly with the Operations and Quality leadership
- Ensure all production activity meets established quality standards and cost estimates
- Support implementation of processes, performance metrics, and trends to drive increased performance and production cycle time
- Interface with Finance, and Engineering to support integrated value stream solutions
- Be a part of a responsive and adaptive culture where cross training, teamwork, and knowledge sharing is apparent
- Aid in the development of budgets, forecasts, succession planning, and strategic development
- Support Pratt & Whitney and UTC EH&S policies and procedures and actively support continuous improvement initiatives driven by the ACE operating system
- Bachelorâ€s Degree and 5+ years of experience in Buying, Planning, and/or Inventory Management OR Masterâ€s Degree and 3+ years of experience in Buying, Planning, and/or Inventory Management
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- MRO experience preferred
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively with peers, customers and clients
- Ability to drive obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic environment and who enjoys the challenges of process improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Success working in a high energy and fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions
- Ability to plan projects and to use written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizations skills to influence business objectives
- Highly proactive and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01388872
Community / Marketing Title: Materials & Planning Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US