Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12036
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389418 Date posted 02/11/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will join an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for which youâ€ve been looking.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
You will be responsible for leading and supporting transformational projects in the digital space for our shop floors. Tasks will entail requirements capturing and leading development, deployment, and supporting software solutions primarily using Solumina and SAP product suite for the P&W MRO Global Services Engine Centers and Repair organizations
- Collaboration with customers to gain knowledge of business processes
- Partnering with our customers to identify and implement high impact projects which will provide capabilities and benefits that help P&W achieve its operational goals
- Translating customer requirements into a solution design
- Technical and functional problem solving
- Production and end user support for our applications
- Meeting all budget, quality and schedule targets
- Dedicated involvement towards continuous improvement
- Management of onsite and/or offshore programming resources
- Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Technology related fields
- Bachelor's degree 1-3+ yearsâ€ experience
- US Citizen due to government program requirements
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge/interaction of Manufacturing execution systems preferably iBASEt Solumina
- Knowledge of Primavera, MS Project, or other PPM is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL queries, IBM Websphere, and Java related technologies is highly desired
- Knowledge of SAP is desired
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret business processes; ability to act in partnership with the business.
- Communicate optimally with executive management
- Strong social skills ability to work laterally and engage others to achieve success
- Shown skill with software life cycle development processes
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts concisely to non-IT business professionals
- Work dedicatedly and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Craft clear communication
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
Pratt & Whitney is a place where the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form â€" with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team thatâ€s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01389418
Community / Marketing Title: System Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US