Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 12002
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01388455 Date posted 02/10/2020 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: PW Puerto Rico Road 110 North Km28.8 San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR, 00603 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful, and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE
Ensures that the quality of UTC suppliers, products and processes are compliant with internal and regulatory standards and are continuously improving. Develops and implements program quality plans and procedures.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Ensure that the Engineering issues resulting from test or operational events are driven corrective action and prevention of future recurrence.
- Provide Engineering Product Recall Recommendations and actions by identifying the impacts of the problem
- Facilitate meetingÂ with Engineering Disciplines focalÂ in order to determine the product recall action plan and follow up completion. Â
- Ensure Engineering design system improvement are identified and documented in the Lessons Learned Event Management (LLEM) application and monitor status of action items.
- Analyze new field event data, design changes and Quality notices to determine the effectiveness of implemented corrective actions.Â
- Administer and monitor PW GIDEP compliance by facilitating PW Impact Review by Procurement and Quality and PW suppliers to apply corrective actions.Â
- Support the development of tool requirements for enhancements to the Lesson Learned Event Manager Database and Problem History Search Tool (PHST)
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools efforts. Obtain ACE Associate certification.
- Support project management activities.
- Analyze and report metrics monthly
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Quality. Â
- Five (5) years of experience in Quality Engineering or Engineering or 3+ years with an advance degree
- US Citizenship due to government contract
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of QNs, ECs, 502, Class I and Class II Processes
- Methodical with a working knowledge of P&W Management System,Â Quality System, AS9100
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills and planning
- Strong problem solving, analytical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals and tools of the discipline and role
- Have knowledge of gas turbine engines/design processes.
- Proficient with ACE and/or Six Sigma tools (RRCA, DIVE, QCPC, FMEA, VSM, etc...)
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01388455
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US