Location: Middletown, New York US
Job Number: 11985
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01386560 Date posted 02/07/2020 City Middletown State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW177: Advanced Coating Technologies 60 Turner Dr, Suite 1, Middletown, NY, 10941 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for an ACE Manager in Middletown, NY.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- Day-to-day leadership, direction & coordination of application of ACE tools into business processes and manufacturing processes.
- Process development, staff training, as well as the startup of a tiered Gemba process for the site
- Create metrics and optimize process performance for business processes
- Keep current on status and recent developments in the plant / industry / profession
- Lead development and implementation of robust TPM program
- Integrate a World Class EH&S culture into the CI process for all departments
- Promote corporate code of ethical standards and business practice and company policies
- Develop and complete project plans and assignments on schedule and within budget
- Provide innovation to develop new controls, processes, and methodologies
- Act as a change agent to implement improvements
- Provide a high level of communication and cooperation with team members
- Integrate continuous improvement processes into the functional areas of ACT.
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelorâ€s Degree with 5+ years of demonstrated experience with implementing CI tools in a production environment or a Master's Degree with 3 years of demonstrated experience with implementing CI tools in a production environment.
- U.S. Citizen
Preferred Qualifications -
- Lean and Six Sigma training
- Proven written/verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels
- Excellent customer service skills required providing a high level of service to satisfy/fulfill internal or external needs accurately in a timely manner
- Organized/detailed, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions
- Highly self-directed, able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
- Team oriented, strong work ethic and reliable
- Experience with thermal barrier coatings (vapor phase or plasma spraying processes) a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01386560
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, ACE
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, New York US