Assistant Fleet Chief
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11973
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01387670 Date posted 02/06/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of Assistant Fleet Chief at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Maintain the reliability and customer satisfaction of the OCE engine programs.
- Manage the FAA FAR 21.3 process, reporting, tracking and driving to closure reportable events.
- Collaborate with the Customer Technical Service (CTS) and Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) to identify root cause on issues and rapidly address any safety or airworthiness issues through fleet management actions.
- Analyze fleet metrics to rank key reliability drivers to identify and prioritize required improvements.
- Interface with the P&W field offices and Customer Fleet Directors supporting OCE engine customers, providing guidance to investigations and communicating both externally and internally.
- Objectives center around providing customers timely and accurate responses and presentations on issues impacting customer operations.
- Cooperation with CTS, Engineering, and Tech Publications are required to ensure clarity of all customer communications â€" Service Bulletins, Part Investigation reports, and Technical responses.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to the airline operators, and interface with the airframers on fleet events, investigations, and communications.
- Prepare and deliver program technical reviews to the customers. Â This can require travel to the customer.
- Raise awareness on emerging issues internally and externally, and work within the IPMT and E&D structure to document and plan product improvements.
- Assess technical impacts to the both shop visit and spare parts forecasts, and work with the forecasting teams to adjust forecasts as necessary.Â Communicate the impact of these issues to customers, both internally and externally.
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- US Citizenship required
- A minimum of 6 years of engineering experience with exposure to gas turbine engines is required.
- Experience with hardware investigations a plus.
- Gas turbine design and/or testing a plus
- Database and computer experience.
- Project management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01387670
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Fleet Chief
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US