Group-Product Safety, Certification and Validation Business Services - Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11919
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01387315 Date posted 02/03/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Individual will complete summer project centered around financial cost accounting for PSCV organization and will have opportunity to interact with employees in all disciplines of the organization.Â Looking for highly motivated individual who is able to develop project and bring value to the organization.
Qualified candidates will be able to communicate effectively and coordinate between a diverse team of individuals.Â They will excel at forward thinking and be customer focused enabling the team to meet the demands of highly visible development programs. Â Candidates should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Business Administration
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and trending skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Focus on results and the ability to drive tasks to completion
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations and all levels of management
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cost & Schedule Management
- Project Management
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. ACE, QCPC)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01387315
Community / Marketing Title: Group-Product Safety, Certification and Validation Business Services - Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US