Manager, Aftermarket Forecasting
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11915
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01386890 Date posted 02/03/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of Manager, Aftermarket Forecasting at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Commercial Aftermarket organization is responsible for providing a broad range of aftermarket services to support our customers and MRO facilities worldwide across all of our product lines. This includes creating and sustaining a global MRO network of service providers, providing integrated material solutions, executing and optimizing our fleet maintenance contracts and generating growth and profitability through the development of enhanced offerings and capability improvements that provide customer value and deliver improved cost performance and speed of service.
Within the Commercial Aftermarket organization, the Aftermarket Forecasting team is responsible for forecasting fleet size, engine shops visits, flying hours and related information for the worldwide commercial engine fleet.Â These forecasts and analyses are then used to drive resource and investment decisions across PW and UTC.
In this role, you will report to the Associate Director, Aftermarket Forecasting, and will be primarily responsible for forecasting shop visits (SV) inductions for the PW4000 and PW2000 fleets, as well as the rest of the commercial industry (excluding V2500 & GTF).Â Major deliverables are the 10-year and 1-year SV forecasts, as well as support of the monthly SV MML process.Â This process provides status on, and assesses risk to, the current yearâ€s SV induction plan.
The SV Forecasting Manager is ultimately expected to share the organizationâ€s vision that a strong foundation of data, robust processes and cross-functional communication enable the planning and execution required to meet the customerâ€s requirements.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You have forecasting and/or planning experience along with a solid understanding of the aviation aftermarket.Â
- The ability to provide insight from the customerâ€s perspective is key.Â
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues and leaders in areas such as Aftermarket, Finance, Customer Support, and Programs.
- Build the foundation for Commercial Aftermarketâ€s business plan.
- Lead the collection and analysis of key fleet attributes that impact long-term forecasting, including removal rate / time on-wing, maintenance practices and technical issues impacting customer fleets
- Deliver both short-term and long-term shop visit forecasts
- Gain and sustain understanding of fleet-specific variables (and potential variables) that could impact projected shop visits and work scopes; this may include technical issues, customer decisions and macro-economic factors
- Ensure consistent monitoring and trending of variables that are leading indicators for customer maintenance
- Provide direct input to the Aftermarket Material Planning and Financial Planning processes
- Ensure achievement of KPIs, including forecast accuracy
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans to ensure world-class shop visit forecasting processes are in place
- Identify key issues affecting MRO throughput (technical issues, parts availability, repair development, etc.); understand and communicate impact to management
- Work closely with customer-facing teams, and team responsible for induction planning and allocation
- Identify, and work to solve, data quality issues
- Key contributor to program partner and senior leadership presentations
- Develop, operationalize and deliver status reports
Job grade to be determined based on candidate qualifications
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in business, mathematics, economics, statistics or similarly quantitative/analytical field
- A minimum of 5 years of planning and analysis experience (required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Highly skilled in use of MSOffice products (Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of commercial aftermarket business and operations
- Experience with project management and/or operations management a plus
- Strong communication, influencing and judgment skills,
- Experience developing & delivering executive-level presentations
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in a matrix-organization
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Customer focused
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01386890
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Aftermarket Forecasting
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US