Automation & Integration Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11859
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01386799 Date posted 01/29/2020 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Â Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Automation Engineer to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
Seeking a highly motivated Automation Programming specialist with strong manufacturing/industrial automation skills to provide overall support for theÂ P&W manufacturing facilities located in Columbus, GA.Â Selected candidate will be responsible for design and support of the siteâ€s technical robotics solutions for critical value streams.Â The selected individual will work with core engineering disciplines, out-sourced service providers, and customers to ensure that the needs, objectives, and requirements of the business are met.
- Candidates must be able to design and develop data acquisition plans with provided templates for KPIâ€s across critical manufacturing processes that will be integrated into Digital Factory
- Will be Subject Matter Expert on data acquisition surrounding processes being integrated into Digital Factory
- Must be able to competently add/modify/change PLCâ€s (Allen Bradley, Siemens) and extract data as needed for integration into Digital Factory
- Must be comfortable with industrial network troubleshooting and acquiring data from SQL and Oracle with a general understanding of tables
- Must be a solution developer for any given open-ended problem to acquire data as needed for integration into Digital Factory
- Will be expected to reverse engineer legacy process automation and develop automation programs as necessary to fit within new software architectures
- Work with business leaders and the Digital Factory team to understand specific automation requirements
- Data automation development, integration, and scripting for manufacturing/industrial automation
- Will act as consultant on automated machining processes to participate in the development of standards for capital equipment acquisition
- Work with other engineering disciplines, as well as machine tool vendors to ensure coordinated project delivery to meet business priorities
- Able to rapidly develop automation scripts in 24/7 live-production environment without impacting operations
- Document local automation processes, procedures and solutions as part of Standard Work
- Support facility expansionÂ & business transformation requirements relative to IoT
- Support the streamline of manufacturing processes and develop effective technologies Â
- Perform research and development activities to support reduction of manual operations and simplification of value streams within factory by introducing automated lines to existing equipment.
- Lead the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and exceed customerâ€s expectations
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures
- This position is part of Columbus Forge Blades talent growth strategy to maintain our competitive advantage in the airfoil industry
- Periodic travel required (
- Final Grade/Level of position will depend on experience and qualifications
- P ositive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
Education / Certifications
- Associate Degree
- Bachelorâ€s or Associateâ€s degree and 7+ years of experience or Masterâ€s degree and 5+ years of experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Preferred: AS, BS, or MS in Electrical Engineering, Software/Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, with specific concentrations or expertise in automation programming.
- Will consider candidates with 4-year degrees in out-of-scope disciplines or certificates in Automation that can provide documentation of experience in Robotics and Automation.
- Software development lifecycle, implementation, and scripting for manufacturing/industrial automation
- Basic knowledge on IP address schemas for manufacturing networks and how to troubleshoot connectivity and data acquisition architectures
- Able to rapidly learn new software packages for integration into currently software stack
- Proven written/verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels
- Excellent customer service skills required providing a high level of service to satisfy/fulfill internal or external needs accurately in a timely manner
- Must be able to work independently with limited direction to accomplish goals and have the ability to recognize areas for process improvement & formulate actionable plans to address such areas.
- Organized / detail-oriented, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interpret high level business requirements, and liaise between business customers, technology teams and support teams.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, project management, concise writing, communications and presentation skills highly desired.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment, able to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01386799
Community / Marketing Title: Automation & Integration Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US