Manufacturing Fellow - Assembly Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11846
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367032 Date posted 01/29/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Assembly Engineering Fellow.
If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
This role will be the leader of a new Process Council, that brings together SME's from all sites to resolve systemic quality & delivery issues and drive world-class assembly practices and standardization across the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Technical leadership of PW's Assembly Process Council, owning the technology roadmap and strategic plans to advance capability and apply world class manufacturing tools into our factories, which includes critical integration with product development and validation organizations to align design requirements with manufacturing capability.Â
- Owner of Parent/Child PFMEA's and best practice documentation and site deployment plan through internal & industry benchmarking and standardization.
- Contributor to UTC Aerospace, industry forums and university collaborations to remain current with technology and influence communities of practice.Â
- Lead resolution of systemic production and quality issues related to assembly.Â
- Owner of assembly sub-discipline proficiency, discipline curriculum and growth, teaching and people development.Â
- Key change agent to review and approve product and process reviews, assembly procedures, standard work and data management for connected factory mapping.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Assembly Engineering/Operations
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- The ability to obtain a US Government Secret Clearance
- US Government Secret Clearance
- PhD or M.S. Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- Recognition within the industry as having deep expertise in assembly engineering
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relations and craft clear communication
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor within various levels of the organization new ideas, concepts and methods
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367032
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Fellow - Assembly Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US