Senior Purchasing Associate, Aftermarket Supply Chain- Pratt & Whitney Columbus, GA Engine Center
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11808
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01384408 Date posted 01/27/2020 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to chip in and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We have an explorerâ€s heart along with your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, weâ€ve built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
We are focused on providing an outstanding customer experience and delivering the best engines safely, timely, and on quality.
Quality is personal! Peopleâ€s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time to the men and women who save our lives â€" what we do matters, every day!
This is a superb opportunity for you to join our team in Commercial Engines Customer Support.
Are you an ambitious self-starter who wants to define and provide innovative service solutions to our commercial customers? If yes, we want to hear from you!
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, team-oriented and experienced purchasing professional to join the Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Supply Chain team supporting Columbus Engine Center (CEC).Â In addition to tactical buying and sourcing, you will be responsible for managing the procurement cycle, critical shortages, and issue resolution.
If you have a strong Supply Chain, Operations, or Procurement background, we want to hear from you!
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creation and end-to-end management of repair purchase orders in support of Columbus Engine Center operations
- Manage critical shortages in support of 100% on time delivery of repairs to customers
- Provide timely support of business reporting requirements and deliverables
- Local delivery assurance and supplier development, monitoring and escalation of systemic issues
- Achieve the highest levels of customer support to engine center and other internal/external stakeholders
- Adhere to all standard work, purchasing policies, procedures, and processes
- Standard work development, as required
- Bachelorâ€s degree (Business Management, Operations, or Supply Chain preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience that includes procurement or supplier management
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Knowledge of international trade compliance regulations related to material logistics
- Aerospace or aftermarket experience (highly preferred)
- Demonstrated issue resolution skills (both vendor- and customer-facing)
- SAP experience
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Good prioritization and project management skills
- Strong teamwork skills and willingness to take lead roles as required
- Solid social and interpersonal skills to meet the rigorous interaction between our Pratt & Whitney discipline leaders, engine centers, partners and network of repair suppliers
- Understanding of the lean management principles and how to implement the tools in support of operational performance goals
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01384408
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Purchasing Associate, Aftermarket Supply Chain- Pratt & Whitney Columbus, GA Engine Center
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US