Senior Powerplant Engineer
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11746
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377926 Date posted 01/21/2020 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The Senior Powerplant Engineer provides Engineering support to the Operations Department for the assembly/disassembly/repair of GTF commercial engines. Â Tasks within the operations Engineering support include authoring and clarifying aircraft engine repair work scopes and associated work instructions in a technical advisory role in the dis-assembly, repair, assembly, and testing of the new-technology GTF jet engines. The Senior Powerplant Engineer will also support other functions within the Engine Center to include Materials, Quality, and Accounts Management when routine technical questions and issues that may arise in the day to day function of the Engine Center.
Key Job Requirements
- Prepare workscopes and work instructions for engine overhauls. (Service bulletins, advisories, performance requirements, and modification requirements.)
- Prepare teardown and shop visit reports and supply to the customer within the stipulated time frame.
- Support Operations in solving any assembly/configuration/inspection problems.
- Troubleshoot engines in test cell.
- Do appropriate research, and support and advise other functional areas regarding technical issues related to quality, operations processes, materials and customer support.
- Communicate with the necessary functional groups, vendors and customers on any technical related issues. When required, engineers will accompany materials, quality, or accounts management personnel on vendor and customer visits to provide routine technical support and assessment.
- Seek opportunities to reduce costs and increase quality and efficiency through the use of new materials, processes, or technology.
- May be required to assist with implementation of new materials, processes, or technology.
- Assist in training mechanics, inspectors and others related to various technical issues.
- Demonstrates commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- Participate in failure investigations and Problem resolution boards.
- Be a source of in-depth technical knowledge on the repair and test of the GTF engine.
- Be the subject matter expert for assembly and disassembly processes related to the GTF engine.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering OR Engineering Technology and 5 years of work experience
- 2 years + experience in power plant or process engineering of manufacturing / production
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience interacting with the FAA
- Aerospace experience with OEM, development or maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) in aircraft engine repair, component repair, engine test, engine assembly or disassembly
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377926
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Powerplant Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US