ME - F135 Customer Support Engineer
Location: Remote City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 11739
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359936 Date posted 01/19/2020 City Remote City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW147: Oklahoma Field Location Remote Location, Remote City, OK, 73145 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney supports its military customers with a broad range of expert services designed to be deployed quickly and reliably. It was no mistake that Pratt & Whitney was the first aviation defense contractor during World War II to be awarded the prestigious Army-Navy "E" for Excellence. We have always understood that individual lives and national security depend upon our unflinching support and service of our engines. From on-site overhaul and repair to extensive customer training and support equipment services, to this day we mobilize our full resources in support of the military and its aircraft missions.
The F135 Sustainment organization is responsible for managing fielded customer propulsion systems across the F-35 Lightning II fleet. The F135 Sustainment Affordability team is focused on understanding the costs of F135 ownership and working across the engine program to identify and implement cost reduction strategies that maximize sustainment affordability. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to be involved in identification, collection and analysis of F135 life cycle costs
This position is in Military Engines Customer Support Engineering for the F135 Engine that supports the F35 aircraft. This position is within Pratt & Whitney's military engine sustainment organization and located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. In this role, you will interface with the depot production operations organization for the maintenance, overhaul, repair, and remanufacture of F135 engines. You will also collaborate with hardware Customer Support Engineers, Component Integrated Product Teams, Logistics Program Management, Program Office, Quality, Support Equipment, and Fleet Management organizations.
Key projects & responsibilities
A wide variety of daily tasks are to be supported within the following categories:
- Manufacturing blueprint
- Item Repair strategy
- Technical data review & interpretation
- Support processes authoring technical dispositions and SAP EQN System dispositions
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Working with the jet engine SE remanufacture supply base repair sourcing and execution
- Coordination with engine fleet management programs
- Technical support of Hardware field issues
- Product team technical presentations and cross organization communication
- Development and creation of standard work for various processes/procedures
- Develop databases and process matrices
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your position.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Ability to review and understand technical concepts related to jet engine hardware performance and life cycle durability required.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, organizational, time management skills and the ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required.
- A working-knowledge of gas turbine engine operating theory, value stream mapping, standard operating procedures, root-cause analysis, mistake-proofing is desired.
- Previous experience with military jet engine logistics, repairs, maintenance, or A&P Mechanic certification is preferred.
"Strong candidate identified, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply."
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359936
Community / Marketing Title: ME - F135 Customer Support Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Remote City, Oklahoma US