Capital Project Engineer, Survivability Discipline Group (SDG)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11718
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377568 Date posted 01/07/2020 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Capital Project Engineers for the Survivability Discipline Group (SDG) oversee capital projects from concept through assembly, checkout and commissioning and are responsible for supplying quality products that meet schedule and budget targets. The Project Engineer is the customer focal point for SDG capital projects and leads all engineering efforts in support of facility modifications, new equipment installation, and project budget management supporting SDGâ€s fabrication, assembly and testing operations
The Project Engineerâ€s key responsibilities are:
- Developing high confidence budget/schedule plans for multiple projects and prioritizing, analyzing and managing project schedules, risks, technical decisions, and manpower using various tools and techniques including MS Project and the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Coordinating and leading a multi-disciplined team composed of internal and external suppliers to meet technical, schedule and budget requirements
- Coordination of priority against other projects within the organization and manpower staffing of projects.
- Ensuring all aspects of design, Engineering Standard Work (ESW), hazard analysis, design reviews, peer reviews and program reviews are met in a timely manner
- Managing the fabrication and installation process, coordinating supplier delivery dates and ensuring vendor progress meets plan
- Documentation and training of SDG personnel in use of all new systems
- Knowledgeable of EH&S requirements pertaining to construction and fabrication trades (OSHA, NFPA, ADA, etc.) as well as ergonomic design constraints.
Experience and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
7+ years of project engineering experience.
US Citizenship due to government contracts.
Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering.
Strong team building and communication skills.
Experience working with multi-discipline teams.
Skills with conflict resolution with demonstrated ability to broker problem workarounds with both internal and external suppliers.
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377568
Community / Marketing Title: Capital Project Engineer, Survivability Discipline Group (SDG)
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US