PWC - ENG - Engineering Intern
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas US
Job Number: 11716
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376769 Date posted 01/07/2020 City Wichita Falls State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW135: Wichita Falls 3101 Hammon Road, Wichita Falls, TX, 76310 USA
Job Title: PWC-ENG-Engineering Intern
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview: Â The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies in hot section non-rotating jet engine turbine components, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Support existing engineering projects
- Write Process Method Sheets
- Assist with repair development
- Assist with preparation of First Article PartÂ Â
- Support continuous improvement projects within the engineering department or other cross functional areas
- Analyze process failure modes
- Conduct root cause analysis of rework
- Participate in DIVE process
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program. Fields of study: Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- You will have at least 80 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You graduate May 2022
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Excellent technical writing and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to understand and interpret part drawings (including GD&T symbols) is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376769
Community / Marketing Title: PWC - ENG - Engineering Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wichita Falls, Texas US