Engineer, GP7000 Program
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11712
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01378890 Date posted 01/07/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in many ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for an Engineer, GP7000 Program at our East Hartford, CT campus.
Pratt & Whitney Commercial Aftermarket is seeking an Engineer for the GP7000 Program.Â The GP7000 jet engine powers the Airbus A380.Â The GP7000 engine is manufactured, supported and serviced by the Engine Alliance, LLC, a 50/50 Partnership of Pratt & Whitney and General Electric Aviation.Â This is your opportunity to join Engine Alliance, LLC and gain experience with the two pre-eminent aviation gas turbine providers in the world.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Engineer will be responsible support maintenance planning and author maintenance workscope documents for GP7000 jet engines managed under Engine Alliance, LLC Fleet Management Agreement (FMA) contracts.Â The Engineer will also identify opportunities and execute tasks to improve engine reliability, time on wing and reduce program costs.
- Provide guidance for cross functional teams at engine and module maintenance centers to insure smooth operational execution, continuous improvement in Shop Visit Cost and in Time on Wing.
- â€¢Work effectively with partner company personnel and engine and module center operations and cost engineering teams.
- â€¢Establish and effectively communicate engine shop visit requirements. Coordinate with the engine maintenance centers to ensure effective implementation of engine and module workscope specifications, configuration requirements and specific engine shop maintenance instructions.
- â€¢Work with EA Product Support Engineering/Customer Technical Services (CTS) and Fleet Managers to identify and manage emerging issues through evaluation of hardware teardown conditions for potential limit increases, part repair development or part redesign opportunities.
- â€¢Provide Shop Visit technical support in order to limit workscope expansion.
- â€¢Provide timely resolution of technical or business questions/issues the shop may have on specific engine or program requirements.
- â€¢Support contract review processes to identify and mitigate financial risks impact to portfolio.
Hiring level and salary with be commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelorâ€s degree required.Â Engineering degree preferred.
- US Citizenship is a requirement.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional work experience in engineering/technical function is required.
- Familiarity with jet engines function, modules and maintenance terminology.
- Familiarity with Aftermarket maintenance manuals, technical documents such as Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01378890
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, GP7000 Program
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US