Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11697
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01378629 Date posted 12/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Welder to be based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
PERFORM ROUTINE HAND FUSION WELDING, ELECTRON BEAM WELDING AND ASSOCIATED
METAL JOINING PROCESSES.
THIS IS IN A DEVELOPMENTAL OR OVERHAUL ARENA WHERE SPECIFIC METHODS AND TECHNIQUES HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED AND TOOLING OR OTHER MEANS TO HOLD AND LOCATE WORK IS READILY AVAILABLE.
* FOLLOW DETAILED DIRECTIONS OF LEADER/SUPERVISOR TO CARRY OUT DEVELOPMENT, REPAIR AND RESTORATION PROJECTS FOR ENGINE PARTS AND TOOLS. LAYOUT WORK REQUIREMENTS AND OBTAIN
NEEDED EQUIPMENT TO PERFORM ROUTINE REPAIR AND ALTERATION OPERATIONS.
* PERFORM STANDARD HAND AND MACHINE WELDING OPERATIONS TO FABRICATE OR RESTORE PARTS AND TOOLS WHERE CLOSE TOLERANCES ARE NOT NORMALLY REQUIRED AND SPECIFICALLY DEFINED CRITERIA IS USED.
* UTILIZE BLACK LIGHT PROCESS TO DETERMINE EXTENT OF REPAIRS REQUIRED. BUILD UP FINISHED
MACHINED SURFACES' AND REPAIR SIMPLE CRACKS AND OTHER ROUTINE IMPERFECTIONS.
* USE A VARIETY OF FIXED AND VARIABLE MEASURING INSTRUMENTS TO CHECK DIMENSIONS AND RECORD
* RECOGNIZE NEED AND ARRANGE FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT USED IN PERFORMING THE WORK AS NECESSARY.
* PERFORM ROUTINE SERVICING THROUGHOUT THE ASSIGNED AREA FOLLOWING SPECIFIED PROCEDURES
AND WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS SUCH AS OPERATOR IS CHECK LIST FOR UPKEEP AND TO ASSURE EQUIPMENT
* ASSIST OTHERS RESPONSIBLE FOR NEW PROCESS TRYOUT, AND OTHER SPECIALIZED ASSIGNMENTS
WITHIN THE SCOPE AND SKILL LEVEL OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION.
* PERFORM SIMILAR DUTIES,THROUGHOUT ASSIGNED AREA WITHIN THE SCOPE AND SKILL LEVEL OF THIS
- ASSIST OTHER TRADES WORKING ON JOINT PROJECTS WHERE COMMON SKILL
- CROSSOVER PROVIDES THE OPPORTUNITY FOR SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES AND MORE EFFICIENT USE OF AVAILABLE SKILLS.
- REFER DIFFICULTIES TO LEADER/SUPERVISOR.
- MAINTAIN LOGS AND RECORDS AS REQUESTED TO COMMUNICATE FINDINGS AND PREPARE REQUESTS FOR APPROVAL.
- MAY BE REQUIRED TO TRAIN FOR OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN LICENSES, OPERATOR PERMITS AND CERTIFICATIONS WITHIN ASSIGNED AREA.
- MAY BE ASSIGNED TO CARRY OUT TASKS NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED, WITHIN THE SCOPE AND SKILL LEVEL OF
- THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN SUPPORT OF 'DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVES AND TO DEVELOP INDIVIDUALS' SKILLS.
- This is for a preferred applicant; but qualified applicants are encouraged to apply
High School Diploma or GED
High School Diploma or GED
One year Welding Experience
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01378629
Community / Marketing Title: Welder
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US