Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11694
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377161 Date posted 12/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Pratt & Whitney Controls & Diagnostic Systems (CDS) is a dynamic engineering organization focused on the development and certification of military and commercial propulsion, power and thermal management control and diagnostic systems. CDS is responsible for all aspects of Pratt & Whitney control and diagnostic systems development including: requirements analysis & definition, system & software architecture, algorithm design, and product software design, verification & validation.
CDS is seeking a Senior Engineer based in East Hartford, CT to support the development, implementation, and verification of cybersecurity technology and capability in the engine control domain. At a high level, the individual duties will entail defining and implementing solutions to ensure the cyber resilience of P&W control systems.
- Assess engine control system cybersecurity threats, risks, and potential mitigations.
- Develop control system requirements and architecture to instantiate required cybersecurity risk mitigations.
- Implement defined control system cybersecurity solutions.
- Perform verification and validation on control system cybersecurity solutions including security-specific verification such as penetration testing.
- Interface with the broader engineering team, customers, regulators, and other industry stakeholders to ensure that cybersecurity aspects are effectively integrated with the engine program and accepted by customers and regulators.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of embedded system development and/or embedded system cybersecurity experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to Government contracts.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance is required.
- C programming experience.
- Good project engineering skills.
- Experience with safety critical avionics development and certification.
- Experience with aerospace cybersecurity industry standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity and experience working in a classified environment.
If you wish to put your technical expertise to better use and are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply! We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377161
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US