Repair Station Project Manager / ACE & Employee Health & Safety Focal
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Job Number: 11687
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01379114 Date posted 12/23/2019 City Dallas State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW132: Dallas 2701 Regent Blvd, Suite 300, Dallas, TX, 75261 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Â At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The PW Mobile Services Dallas group is seeking a Repair Station Project manager, and ACE / Employee Health & Safety Focal. Â The role will focus on leading a team of line maintenance technicians operations / continuous improvement projects, while managing Health & Safety requirements at our FAR 145 repair station in Dallas, TX. Â The project manager, ACE / EH&S focal will be tasked with meeting EHS, customer, quality, delivery, and financial goals within the facility. Â This individual will lead by: setting project direction, scheduling, project implementation, continuous improvement, and communication. Key metrics the candidate will be responsible for improvement are: TAT to both internal and external customers, EH&S performance, labor hours / cost reduction, and identifying workforce development. Â The individual must embrace the ACE Operating System (continuous improvement) and thrive in a team environment with high performance expectations.
- Leading Teams and motivating non-direct reports
- Strong leadership focus on continuous improvement, FOD, Quality, and EH&S initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through effective communication meetings, forum at monthly all hands meetings, and in developing an efficient processes that are responsive to production requirements and change.
- Ensure World Class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly
- Projects need to take into account customer requirements, resource, availability, and other priorities.
- Work proactively to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving repair station goals.
- Ensure full involvement in ACE continuous improvement initiatives - utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework, and repair.
- Associate's degree with 5 + years of relevant work experience OR
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience OR
- Master's degree with 0 years of relevant work experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively with peers, customers and clients.
- Experience with driving health & safety initiatives that improve the safety culture of the organization
- Ability to drive obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC)
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions.Â In addition, must enjoy direct involvement with end products and the desire to experience challenges of process improvement and "leanâ€ initiatives.
- Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/organizational skills to influence business objectives.
- Strong communication skills required: ability to present concepts, obtain information and work with cross-functional teams, excellent oral and written skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Candidates should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results.
- Turbine engine overhaul and repair or related experience is desired, as well as, logistical, materials management, and financial experience.
- Direct supervisory experience is preferred
- MS Office programs proficiency.
- A&P license or Repairmanâ€s certificate is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01379114
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Station Project Manager / ACE & Employee Health & Safety Focal
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US