F135 Customer Support Engineer
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 11686
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375928 Date posted 12/23/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The position will interface with the depots production organizations for the maintenance, repair, and remanufacture of F135 Engines. Internal interfaces with hardware Customer Support Engineers, Component Integrated Product Teams, Logistics Program Management, Program Office, Quality, Support Equipment, and Fleet Management organizations. A wide variety of daily tasks are to be supported within the following categories:
- LIST-MDR's and equivalent documents managing and metrically tracking progress to closure to ensure production readiness and sustainment
- Manufacturing blueprint
- Item Repair strategy
- Technical data review & interpretation
- Support processes authoring technical dispositions and SAP EQN System dispositions
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Working with the jet engine SE remanufacture supply base repair sourcing and execution
- Coordination with engine fleet management programs
- Technical support of Hardware field issues
- Product team technical presentations and cross organization communication
- Development and creation of standard work for various processes/procedures
- Develop databases and process matrices
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 + years of experience with jet engine hardware
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Ability to review and understand technical concepts related to jet engine hardware performance and life cycle durability required.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, organizational, time management skills and the ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required.
- A working-knowledge of gas turbine engine operating theory, value stream mapping, standard operating procedures, root-cause analysis, mistake-proofing is desired.
- Previous experience with military jet engine logistics, repairs, maintenance, or A&P Mechanic certification is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375928
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Customer Support Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US