Off-Shift Blade Forging Team Member, 2nd shift
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11685
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01378313 Date posted 12/23/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a
hardworking Forge Operator to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- You will visually inspect forgings using a template
- We measure thickness using micrometers
- Measure concentricity using indicators
- Able to read forge blueprint
- You will Build heat-treat load per work instruction
- You will Load/Unload furnace
- We calculate time in furnace requirement
- Understand load diagrams and instructions
- Complete paperwork
- Positive Relationships
- High school Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 months manufacturing experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Some vocational technical school experience preferred
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and quality procedures
- Possess extraordinary people and interpersonal skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01378313
Community / Marketing Title: Off-Shift Blade Forging Team Member, 2nd shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US