Probe Services Machinist and Programmer
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11683
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377067 Date posted 12/23/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. If you encourage working in a dynamic environment and possessing the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow?
Pratt and Whitney is a worldwide leader in the development and production of gas turbine engines.
Development Operations West Palm Beach Florida site operations is responsible for the validation of development military, commercial, and APU jet engines at its multiple test facilities. These engines are subsequently produced for use in a variety of government and commercial applications including the F35 Joint Strike Fighter, F22 Raptor, Bombardier C-Series, Airbus, Irkut, Embraer and Mitsubishi jet applications.
- Fabricating parts for Non-interference stress measurement (NSMS) probes to support development testing for commercial and military engine programs.
- Fabricate instrumentation and special test equipment parts to support development testing in WPB test facilities.
- Modify development testing hardware to support development testing for commercial, military, and APU engine programs.
- Maintain shop tooling and inventory of cutting tools.
- This position involves a high degree of interaction with both the Measurement Systems Engineering design group, Probe Services optics installation group and test operations groups requiring effective verbal and written communication skills.
- This organization supports development testing and assembly operations at the WPB site.
- AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training)
- Minimum 8 years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment
- US Citizen, due to Government contracts
- Technical machinist trade school certification or manufacturing degree, and/or Toolmaker experience, and/or 5+ yearsâ€ machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the following: CNC, AutoCad, Wire EDM, Machine control programming, machine setup, comparator operation, dimensional M&TE, Blueprint reading, and knowledge of algebra and geometry.
- Emphasis is placed on, innovation, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
If you wish to put your technical expertise to better use and are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply! We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377067
Community / Marketing Title: Probe Services Machinist and Programmer
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US