Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11649
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377506 Date posted 12/19/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
Development Operations is seeking a hands-on Electronics/Instrumentation Technician for the rotating measurements discipline.
To be successful in this role,Â you would have a good understanding of basic circuit theory and instrumentation devices and be familiar with electronic test equipment (O-scopes, function generators, multi meters etc.).Â
- Preparation, setup and operation of specialized telemetry systems used to verify the structural and thermal response of gas turbine engines.
- Requirements will focus on circuit board fabrication, electronics component testing, telemetry package fabrication, support on telemetry package installations at engine assembly, test stand setup, calibration and operation of the system during validation run programs.
- High degree of interaction with team members.
Flexibility to work overtime and second shift along with occasional travel to other company or airline will be required as the demands of the business dictate.
There is 15-20% travel associated with this position.
- AS degree in electrical engineering (or other 2-year post high school training) with 6 years of electronics experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to Government contracts.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance
- Relevant experience in electronics. Strong communication skills.
- Ability to solder with a high level of proficiency.
- Experience with electronic components, SMT and circuit board assembly.
- Electronics prototyping and fabrication.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical diagrams.
- Experience with programming in LabView would be a plus but not required.
If you wish to put your technical expertise to better use and are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply! We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377506
Community / Marketing Title: Electronics/Instrumentation Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US