GTF Repair Strategy Senior Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11648
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376395 Date posted 12/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of GTF Repair Strategy Senior Manager at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
This role leads all aspects of and handles the long term repair strategy and capacity.
The GTF Industrialization and Optimization team is chartered to ramp-up global engine overhaul and component repair capability and capacity.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Accelerate Engine Center and component repair supplier readiness and capacity is a critical activity to support this ramp.
- Liaise between Repair Sourcing and Repair Industrialization to meet growing Repair capacity demand.
- Review status of projects and budgets, create long term repair strategies and capacity analysis, build and manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Regularly interact and collaborate with internal customers.
- Possible business development responsibilities and lead a project team.
- Ready the global MRO network for component repair industrialization
- Work across DAT and DSP engineering teams to achieve repair strategy and capacity objectives
- Lead or support projects as needed
- Participate on IPT teams to ensure Industrialization and Optimization alignment
- Assist business development team with writing and presenting proposals for projects
- Brief senior management on project status, plans, and activities
- Travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30%. Must have or be willing to obtain a valid US Passport
Education: Bachelorâ€s Degree
- 6+ years of experience in operations, or aftermarket operations is required
- 6+ years of experience with project management
- 3+ years of experience component repair operations
- US Citizenship is required due to Federal Contracts
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or Business
- Business Development experience
- CIPTs, project management and operational readiness experience
- Strong communication, teamwork, self-initiative, and creative problem solving skills is also required
- Travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30%.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a valid US Passport
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376395
Community / Marketing Title: GTF Repair Strategy Senior Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US