Senior Manager, Earned Value Center of Excellence
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11642
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375311 Date posted 12/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Military Engines (ME) is seeking an experienced business leader to develop, plan, and execute key Earned Value Management initiatives.
SURVEILLANCE AND ADHERANCE TO COMPLIANT EARNED VALUE METHODOLOGIES:
- Develop and implement an internal EV surveillance program for Military Engines.Â Identify EV compliance risks and partner proactively with ME Programs in the development of procedures and implementation plans thatÂ effectively mitigate these risks.
- Support ME Programs to maintain a compliant Earned Value Management System (EVMS) in accordance with EIA-748 and the DoD Earned Value Management System Interpretation Guide.
- Perform internal audits/reviews prior to upcoming Joint Surveillance Reviews (JSRs) with DCMA and Internal Baseline Reviews (IBRs) with USG customer.Â Actively work with CAMs, L3 WBS Owners, EV Analysts, Schedulers, and Program Managers to resolve any issues prior to official JSRs and IBRs.
- Participate and/or Lead the closure of EV related Corrective Action Requests (CARs) submitted by DCMA.
- Provide strategic direction to maintain the balance between a compliant EVMS and executable business process.Â This involves providing technical advice and assistance to internal customers and team members in matters related to EVM regulations, guidelines and implementation at the system level.
- Participate in Program / CAM preparation activities for upcoming IBRs.
POLICIES / COMMUNICATION:
- Develop, manage, and implement ME EVMS policies, instructions, guidance, initiatives, procedures, practices, training, and tools.
- Drive communication of EV requirements and system status throughout all levels of ME and throughout all ME organizations.Â This includes maintaining the EV data and metrics for the EV War Room (physical room and/or virtually in SharePoint).Â Ensure data and metrics are readily available to CAMs, L3 WBS Owners, EV Analysts, Schedulers, Program Managers, and ME Senior Management.Â Work with these stakeholders to utilize EVM to strengthen program management.
- Collect lessons learned and best practices across the different ME Programs.Â Utilize a variety of communication methods such as SharePoint and the development of information forums in order to ensure the data is easily accessible to new employees and is shared across ME.Â
TRAINING / PROFICIENCY:
- Support and assist the IPD/PME Managers and Discipline Chiefs in the development, implementation and execution of Proficiency Matrices for EV/IMS analysts, CAMs, and L3 WBS Owners. This involves working with the ME Program Offices, Engineering, Operations, Sustainment, Human Resources, ME COE, and other stakeholders.
- Develop proficiency monitoring for EV/IMS analysts, CAMs, and L3 WBS Owners.Â Team with ME COE trainer coordinator in the development of training plans.
- BS degree required. Preference in business, engineering, finance, business administration or project management. Masterâ€s degree is preferred (i.e. MBA)
- Program Management Certification (Project Management Professional (PMP) is highly desirable
- 10+ years of professional work experience, with 7 years of experience on DoD programs requiring the utilization of Earned Value Management
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Bachelorâ€s degree required
- 7 + yearsâ€ experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- 3 + yearsâ€ experience working with US Government customer at the Director level
- 5+ years of experience working in a Program Management Office (PMO) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Pratt & Whitney Earned Value Management System (EVMS) including understanding of the DoD Earned Value Management System Interpretation Guide
- Strong knowledge of Integrated Master Schedules
- Strong ability to drive organizational change
- Strong ability to focus on process development and execution
- Strong ability to clearly communicate within all levels of ME
- Strong ability to work and communicate with the US Government, i.e., DCMA, JPO, and USAF
- Strong program management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations and all levels of management.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated understanding and application of continuous improvement principles (e.g. ACE, QCPC)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of P&W Program Management toolsets (SAP, Primavera, Dassian, eCSVAR)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375311
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Earned Value Center of Excellence
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US